Author Topic: VAFC. Anyone here use one?  (Read 1990 times)

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
VAFC. Anyone here use one?
« on: April 26, 2011, 05:32:59 pm »
I am thinking about getting one to put in the dookie civic. Just wondering if anyone had any experianc e using one or not. I'm running a Z6 obd1 swap on a OEM P28. right now the rev limiter is set at 7500, vtec is 4800, and when I shift at 7500, I am out of vtec for a good 5-600 RPM. I feel like as long as i'm at WOT, the non vtec lobes are a bit restricti ve.

I've also heard that the stock z6's can make power all the way up to 8000rpm. being that this is a drag/race car, I would like to get all that I can. even if I dont make more power that high up, more time between shifts is helpfull.

I dont have a wideband o2 though, so I'm not sure how much good it will do.

Thoughts?
Busted up Running Randomly Dead :( Now with 35% mo power! Damn oil pumps :( Veetak!! Under the knife. spinning in 2nd

Offline Black R

• DirtyWang
  • I <3 My EF

• Activity
    0%
Re: VAFC. Anyone here use one?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 09:23:07 am »
I can tune them - it's pretty easy.

But the best thing is to get a couple of hours dyno time to get it all sorted out. 

lmk if you need a tutorial.  it's somewhat simple.

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 10:16:20 am »
I can tune them - it's pretty easy.

But the best thing is to get a couple of hours dyno time to get it all sorted out.  

lmk if you need a tutorial.  it's somewhat simple.
It looks pretty simple. I think I saw your thread on H-T.
most of what i'm seeing is that I want to keep the AFR at about 13.5 at WOT. My friend has a wide-band I might be able to borrow to tune that. as far as the vtec, people are saying the simplest way to get it set is to put the crossover point at like 4k rpm, do a dyno pull, then put it at like 7k, do a pull, and where the lines intersect is where the vtec should be. sounds right?
Busted up Running Randomly Dead :( Now with 35% mo power! Damn oil pumps :( Veetak!! Under the knife. spinning in 2nd

Offline Black R

• DirtyWang
  • I <3 My EF

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 03:07:42 pm »
Yup that's it.

Some cars like closer to 12:1 and some like close to 14:1.  Even identical motors will have different likes / maps.

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 05:15:58 pm »
Yup that's it.

Some cars like closer to 12:1 and some like close to 14:1.  Even identical motors will have different likes / maps.
You know anyone that has a Wide band and a gauge i could buy?