Author Topic: tranz swap??  (Read 2240 times)

Offline eastsidemoose1

• Getto Bob AKA Moo$e
  • n00b
  • daily project sedan

• Activity
    0%
tranz swap??
« on: March 11, 2012, 10:11:25 pm »
Ok Rob here with a question about swaping my tranz ofer to a stick. Motor is SOHC vtec ot of a 93as well as my ecu. The console has been swaped so it looks like a stick lol. As well as a diffrnt dash that has a tach. This was all done befor i took this car over. Im hereing that its a simple swap do to a cable tranz. And found out today i have all of the wrong motor and tranz mounts sooo more work for me >:( So is this a easy swap? or should i just deal with my auto .

Thanks
Moo$e : o.T.w car club prez
Off The Wall cc

Offline Bus Driver J

• Administrator
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
Re: tranz swap??
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:50:24 pm »
Damn, I did this a couple years ago but I dont remember the details. Youll need:
Trans (of course)
Pedal assembly
Flywheel, MT flywheel bolts
Clutch assembly
Clutch cable, make sure you have the bracket for it on the trans.
Rear mount and bracket
Side mount (pass)
Shifter rods
Shifter arm
Random nuts and bolts

If I remember correctly and Im sure Ill be corrected if Im wrong, the axles and the starter are the same.

Youll have to do some wiring at the auto shifter assembly. Could wires have to be jumped together for the neutral switch and the reverse wires will need to be extended to the transmiss ion. Im sure you can find a good write up somewhere . There have been tons of these swaps done.
Quote from: cbeengineering
trying to be cool by having a "ole skoo" car, I guess.

Offline eastsidemoose1

• Getto Bob AKA Moo$e
  • n00b
  • daily project sedan

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:12:10 pm »
awsom bro. Thanks. Did find most of that already. just didnt want to be knee deep in shit. il do some serching, mayby someone made a vid. But just had to be sure it was posable with no major mods.good stuff homie :D
Off The Wall cc

Offline eastsidemoose1

• Getto Bob AKA Moo$e
  • n00b
  • daily project sedan

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:16:14 pm »
while im at all of this, i read on sothing called a wire tuck, its the cleanst thing i have seen. soon im going to have to get another car so i can do more to this thing. I got expenive tast witha a crackhead s budget lol
Off The Wall cc

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 01:21:01 am »
The swap isnt really that difficult at all, more time consuming than anything, but well worth it.

The best part about these cars is that they are cheap as hell if you want them to be. I sold my SI 5sp trans for $125. you can pick up a DX for about $50-75 of you look around enough. The whole 5 sp swap shouldnt cost you more than $200-250, depending on what deals you can find.

By the way, please take the time to type words. Its really hard to help you solve your problem if we have to decipher your text.
Busted up Running Randomly Dead :( Now with 35% mo power! Damn oil pumps :( Veetak!! Under the knife. spinning in 2nd

Offline rbwdriven

• Administrator
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 06:52:04 am »
Also wire tuck sometimes starts to have issues.

there has been a few guys on here do a wire tuck and next thread is car is not running correctly ETC...

OH by the way it is a tucked harness.

Offline eastsidemoose1

• Getto Bob AKA Moo$e
  • n00b
  • daily project sedan

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 10:02:39 pm »
The swap isnt really that difficult at all, more time consuming than anything, but well worth it.

The best part about these cars is that they are cheap as hell if you want them to be. I sold my SI 5sp trans for $125. you can pick up a DX for about $50-75 of you look around enough. The whole 5 sp swap shouldnt cost you more than $200-250, depending on what deals you can find.

By the way, please take the time to type words. Its really hard to help you solve your problem if we have to decipher your text.

Hay Thank you for the help guys. Sorry about the way i post stuff , type fast and cant spell, Its a Detroit thing, Ill try to clean it up. ;)
Off The Wall cc

Offline DustnU

• n00b
  • I'm on a BIGGER boat!!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 02:18:33 pm »
Have you done this yet? I did it last year and it's SOOOO easy.. You have to buy an after market auto/manual swap mount unless you decide to cut bracket off and re-weld another on. The shifter wiring harness has to be cut and the 2 large black/white wires (I think) have to be connected for it to start. You have to drill out holes for the shifter under the console they are not there. reverse lights WON'T work unless you do the wiring (google it) All the other stuff is simple like the other guys said, just make sure you have all the parts 1st if you haven't finished it already, lol. If you have good deal and congrats. ..
Lovin the EF life, low and slow for now!!