Author Topic: Atlanta Region Autox this Sunday (4/29)  (Read 4130 times)

Offline JBrettHowell

• JDM Wannabe

• Activity
    0%
    • Pebble MotorSports
Atlanta Region Autox this Sunday (4/29)
« on: April 25, 2012, 05:24:28 pm »
If you are in town (south side of Atlanta), come out and join us..even if you don't compete (no charge for spectatin g...just need to sign the waiver and grab a wristband on your way in).

If you track me down, I'll gladly find you a ride along or two.
Points 4 at Atlanta Motor Speedway - Sunday, April 29
Deadline to register is Saturday, April 28 at 9:00PM!

Session B will be running in the morning and Session A will be running in the afternoon .
- Session A: Stock and ST classes; Time only; RT classes
- Session B: SP, P, M, F125, SS and SM classes along with PRO and RT PRO; Time only **Please note that SS has been moved to session B***
- FJ classes will run in the 2nd run group of the morning.
- Novice class will always run in the afternoon in order to allow the novices time to get ride-alongs in the last morning session. (Novices will be split between the two afternoon heats.)

Pre-Registration is required for our events. Registrat ion fees are $33 for card carrying SCCA members and $43 for non-members.

2012 Run Groups Organizat ion:

- The day will be split up into 2 sessions, morning and afternoon, each having 2 run groups.
- The sessions will alternate each event, running either morning or afternoon .
- The session split will allow participa nts to know ahead of time when they are running over the whole season, relative to the morning and afternoon sessions.
- The actual division of the sessions into the two run groups will be determine d based on registrat ion numbers and will be posted on the day of the event. The session attendanc e will be balanced across 2 run groups, rotating the classes so that the same classes are not always running 1st in the session.
- There will be separate morning and afternoon check in and tech.

****New Registrat ion Feature****

Extra Afternoon Runs - you have the option to pay an extra $33 and take time only runs in the afternoon . This is only applicabl e if you are already running in the morning session! Yes - this is the same thing as the previous "extra time only". Please check out our updated time only policies on the soloatlan ta forum.

Novice Orientati on - Atlanta Region offers one of the finest novice programs in the country! Our novice class is limited to 20 participa nts each event. You will receive informati on on how to prepare for your first autocross experienc e after registeri ng. Please be advised: Payment for those participa ting in the novice orientati on class will be collected within 2 days of signing up. Questions? Check out our forum on http://www.soloatlanta.com for more info on our Novice Orientati on Program. The Solo 101 thread gives you very pertinent informati on.

Atlanta Motor Speedway schedule - Please note time changes:

6:45 am - Gates open
7:30 am - Morning Tech and Check-in opens
8:30 am - Morning Tech and Check-in close
9:00 am - First car off for first half of morning session
11:00 am - Novice Orientati on
11:30 am - Afternoon Tech and check-in opens
12:30 pm Afternoon Tech and Check-in closes
12:30 pm - Morning session wrapped up, course open for walking
1:00 pm - First car off for afternoon session

Follow this link to register:
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... 078D81024 9

Offline Black R

• DirtyWang
  • I <3 My EF

• Activity
    0%
Re: Atlanta Region Autox this Sunday (4/29)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:56:40 am »
*sigh*

I wish my car wasn't in pieces...  :(

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 04:14:36 pm »
I'll be there.
Busted up Running Randomly Dead :( Now with 35% mo power! Damn oil pumps :( Veetak!! Under the knife. spinning in 2nd

Offline Caged91ZC

• EF Fan

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 10:54:34 pm »
Will be there putting my EK sedan through it paces, I signed up for time only and will be running in the morning and afternoon sessions. If u see the green EK sedan with RFP1s come say hello.

Offline Caged91ZC

• EF Fan

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 10:57:31 am »
Will be there putting my EK sedan through it paces, I signed up for time only and will be running in the morning and afternoon sessions. If u see the green EK sedan with RFP1s come say hello.

Event was a blast, makes me wish the hatch was together so I can push a little harder and not be worried about getting to work on Monday mornings lol. In the morning session my best time was a 76.3 with no cones, but the afternoon was much faster due to tire temps being up. My very first run was a 74.9 with 1 cone, after that my next 2 runs the times got worse due to my POS Falken all-season tires being too hot and Jermaine co-driving the car with me they didn't have much time to cool down. My last run the guy next to me was nice enough to let me use his water sprayer to help cool down the tires, and I managed to run a 74.8 picking up 2 cones one being at the very end of the course. I was pretty happy with my runs consideri ng I haven't auto-X'd in 2-1/2yrs and my sedan is a autotragi c, and I had some all-season tires on the car. I will be getting some better tires, getting my brakes finished and also installin g my transmiss ion cooler and trans temp gauge all before the next event. I hope to see more ECEFC members out there other then myself, Kenny, Jermaine, and Alex.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:04:32 am by Caged91ZC »

Offline JBrettHowell

• JDM Wannabe

• Activity
    0%
    • Pebble MotorSports
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 11:36:48 am »
It was very cool seeing all the Hondas come out to play.

I was driving the black fifth gen couple today in time-only (co-driver/car owner finished second in SMF).

Sorry I didn't get to spend more time in the afternoon getting better acquainte d. If everyone comes out to some more local events, we typically hit up a nearby mexican restauran t for margarita s and cerveza afterward s, so plan to hang out afterward s if you can as well.

Offline Caged91ZC

• EF Fan

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 01:23:47 pm »
It was very cool seeing all the Hondas come out to play.

I was driving the black fifth gen couple today in time-only (co-driver/car owner finished second in SMF).

Sorry I didn't get to spend more time in the afternoon getting better acquainte d. If everyone comes out to some more local events, we typically hit up a nearby mexican restauran t for margarita s and cerveza afterward s, so plan to hang out afterward s if you can as well.
Wat kind of times were u running?

Offline JBrettHowell

• JDM Wannabe

• Activity
    0%
    • Pebble MotorSports
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 02:12:36 pm »
My best raw time was 64.8, but I picked up a cone on that one. Best clean run was a 65.3.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:15:14 pm by JBrettHowell »

Offline Caged91ZC

• EF Fan

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 07:15:25 pm »
My best raw time was 64.8, but I picked up a cone on that one. Best clean run was a 65.3.

Pretty quick times, wats done to the civic u were driving?

Offline JBrettHowell

• JDM Wannabe

• Activity
    0%
    • Pebble MotorSports
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 07:57:08 am »
Pretty quick times, wats done to the civic u were driving?
B16, GSR trans, Konis and GCs, nothing elaborate . It worked really well though.