Author Topic: The Rolls  (Read 6568 times)

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
Re: The Rolls
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 01:41:43 am »
Gotta make sure the alignment is right. right now I'm riding on about 60% of my front tires. With as hard as these tires are, I cant have that.
Busted up Running Randomly Dead :( Now with 35% mo power! Damn oil pumps :( Veetak!! Under the knife. spinning in 2nd

Offline JDMJAYDC2

• Global Moderator
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 06:55:32 am »
seems ive missed alot lately everybody selling cars good to see its still in the efamily tho.

-banana peelin timing belts since 09

Quote from: rbwdriven
Dare said the gaskets work wonders as long as you don't start the car.

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 06:33:47 pm »
seems ive missed alot lately everybody selling cars good to see its still in the efamily tho.
You're alive!

Big install day tomorrow. Wish me luck.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:35:58 am by alex14 »
Busted up Running Randomly Dead :( Now with 35% mo power! Damn oil pumps :( Veetak!! Under the knife. spinning in 2nd

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 12:48:00 am »
Well, after many trips to the store, and about 6 hours, seats are re-colored and installed, and the Y8 manifold is been ground on and installed, and i fixed the VC gasket leak.

After:

Oil change in the morning and I should have the camber kits on tomorrow night. Steering wheel hub will be in Friday.

Offline bam-bam

• I <3 My EF

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 12:29:56 pm »
Nice work!

Just a little backgroun d on that cam: I bought it at a junkyard in Dallas, TX. The zc was in an EX sedan.
**"Once you go Wagon, you never go hatch-Back."**

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 12:33:07 pm »
Nice work!

Just a little backgroun d on that cam: I bought it at a junkyard in Dallas, TX. The zc was in an EX sedan.
Thanks. The manifold realy wakes it up on the top end. i spun tire in first after 5000 in the rain.

A carbed non vtec ZC in a EX sedan. thats really weird

Offline bam-bam

• I <3 My EF

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 01:12:09 pm »
Not really. If you're looking to replace an a6, the zc is likely what you will find equivalen t.
The EX sedan wasn't carbed, but you can spot the jdm head/cam by the fuel pump lobe and hole in the head.
**"Once you go Wagon, you never go hatch-Back."**

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 04:30:35 pm »
Not really. If you're looking to replace an a6, the zc is likely what you will find equivalen t.
The EX sedan wasn't carbed, but you can spot the jdm head/cam by the fuel pump lobe and hole in the head.
i automatic ally assumed it was the newer EX, Vtec one, not an EF silly me.

More progress

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 10:46:12 pm by alex14 »

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 04:04:30 pm »
Paintball has things moving slow, but you know what they say Kanye, slow motion better than no motion.

Offline DARTHoOoNADER

• JDM Wannabe
  • R.I.P 91 CRX Si

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2013, 12:35:14 am »
two questions . are these the el cheapo ebay ucas? how do they ride? ive been consideri ng changing out my squeaky suspensio n as well, but dont want to spend too much money on this wagon atm.
R.I.P '91 CR-X Si
'89 EE2 Wagon

Offline JDMJAYDC2

• Global Moderator
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 11:30:15 am »

your alive too!!!!  only you and doug would know weird shit like this lol  maybe i missed it but this is called the rolls why?? what happened to your other sedan didnt you have a b20v going in it

-banana peelin timing belts since 09

Quote from: rbwdriven
Dare said the gaskets work wonders as long as you don't start the car.

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 01:19:49 pm »
your alive too!!!!  only you and doug would know weird shit like this lol  maybe i missed it but this is called the rolls why?? what happened to your other sedan didnt you have a b20v going in it
My Dad had a beat ass Dodge Dart in college and he called it "The Rolls". I bought this, thought of that, but then I decided to actually make it into a halfway nice car. paint and wheels should be done by the end of the month.

two questions . are these the el cheapo ebay ucas? how do they ride? ive been consideri ng changing out my squeaky suspensio n as well, but dont want to spend too much money on this wagon atm.
They are godspeed, I bought them on ebay for $60 or so, I'd heard good things about the brand before so I went with them. They ride fine. no complaint s here. no more camber issues so i'm happy.

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 12:05:20 pm »
In my efforts to have it looking right before I.A. I've started sanding. I hate sanding. Both the fenders have pretty good dings in them so i'll be swapping the perfect ones from the Dookie. Gonna do my wire tuck at the same time so I only have to pull the fenders once.

Got bored at work and decided to polish the center garnish from where I had removed the civic sticker. I'm gonna need to get on the tail lights real soon....

In bigger news, I picked up a set of skunk 2 Pro S coilovers .

Got the fronts on but the rear shock-to-lca bolt is seized to the bushing so I'll have to cut the bolt/bushing to get them off. with new pretty LCA's with new bushings being $55, I'm just going to order those.

Should be picking up rims on Tuesday. stoked for that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:10:24 pm by alex14 »

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2013, 02:26:18 pm »
Got parts.
LCA's

HID's:

Painted the calipers black

Got new wheels, painted them, went to mount them, lug nuts wont fit. Ugh... more money on little stuff I shouldnt have to buy. damn.

Offline alex14

• GMFB
  • Steppin' it up!

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 12:49:21 am »
I need blue corner bulbs

Bastard bolt. I had to drill one side and cut the other.

Complete

Wire tuck before:

After:

100 grit:

mudflaps:

UnRolled fender:

Rolled fender:

And the bondo work has started:

Decided to try something . put tape on the opposite side of the holes, and JB weld to fill. gonna sand it smooth and hope it stays. a little worried it might just fall right through. we'll see tomorrow.

Got an appointme nt for paint on thursday. stoked.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:00:00 pm by alex14 »